Saturday, November 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In: November

This month's sew-in was really quite successful! Yesterday my daughter and I went to pick up Dad's Sawblades from the long-arm quilter, so last night's task was to prep the binding and sew it on the front. Thank goodness for the big sewing table my dad made for me--it really helped me manage all that fabric!

Now it's ready for the handsewing, which I'll do on the long holiday car trip:

Dad's Sawblades

And a close-up of the quilting, which may disappear a little into the flannel once the quilt is washed:

Dad's Sawblades, detail

It is so soft, and will be very warm, I think. I think Dad will have to be careful that my mom doesn't swipe it!

EDITED TO ADD: I'm so excited to have something to link on Fabric Tuesday!!

9 comments:

  1. I scrolled down to see what this quilt looked like before it was quilted. So handsome. And then, with the dimension added by the quilting, it's just so very touchable. I love it, and I'm sure your dad will, too!!!

    ~ Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt - it looks especially cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. He's going to love it. :-)

    It's amazing to me that you can get this kind of thing done in the few moments you generally have to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone, for the lovely comments!

    And Tracie: Considering that this quilt took...*cough*...SIX YEARS to get to this point? It's not exactly speedy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working with flannel on a quilt right now too and loving how darn soft it is!! I really do see making one for myself in the future! And, that pattern of sawblades.. very cool! Did you follow a pattern? I also like the quilting... can't wait to see the finished quilt! (just saw this is a 6 year project -- wow, that will be nice to put a done stamp on it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's beautiful!! The long armer did great on the quilting too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt. I love the dark, subdued colours and the quilting looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE that quilting, amazing work!! Thanks for linking up, so glad you had something to share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love It, Love It, Love It--It is a super creation. Your dad (and mom!) will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete