Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Testing out images...

Here's a peek at my very first quilt, a summer wallhanging, which I completed as part of a class.

I'm hiding....

We used Alex Anderson's beginning quilting book, and the original plan to 'learn how to quilt' was that I would complete four quilts from that book, one for each season. My second quilt was a log-cabin winter-themed wallhanging, and then I got sidetracked: I took a stack-n-whack class (and made a large lap quilt) and then I started on the buzz-saw quilt that is only just nearing completion (it's at a long-arm quilter now).

I've got plans for a fall all-batik quilt, and I'm learning hand-piecing and hand-quilting with the spring wallhanging. Pictures of all will be forthcoming! :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt! And it's nice to find another blogging newbie. : ) I'm following you now (via Google Reader).

    I'm impressed that you're attempting hand-quilting! I love how it looks, but haven't been brave enough to try it myself. Looking forward to seeing your results!

    ReplyDelete