Friday, April 6, 2012

Pay It Forward! (And a tablet computer finds a home...)

Hello, everyone!

Valiantly as I may try, it appears during-the-school-year is a hard time for me to sew and blog about it! So, I apologize for the radio silence, from here, and I'd like to note that it's likely to continue being quiet here until May, after finals are over!

But I *have* managed to get a little sewing done, to wit (click the pictures for bigger):

Tablet case

A tablet case! Yes, I finally, finally decided to buy a tablet computer -- long have I been tempted, but I resisted because I don't really need it. But! I'm going to be doing a big project over the summer and will get an extra stipend for it, plus I got tenure (finally!), so, Sid the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime has come home!

Tablet case

It's like an iPad, but running Android OS, which I'm finding I like quite a lot. Like my and my mom's Kindle cases, Sid's case is lined with flannel from one of my daughter's old receiving blankets. And the backside:

Tablet case--Backside

I used this tutorial at Sew Mama Sew, and you can see I didn't include the pocket. I like that tute a lot!

PLUS!

I received a lovely infinity cowl from Hollie at The Undercover Crafter, as part of a Pay It Forward:

Infinity cowl

Infinity cowl

Wonderful, isn't it? Thank you, so much, Hollie!

What's the idea behind a crafty Pay It Forward? It's simple! I have one year from when Hollie sent me my gift, and I will be making handmade gifts for three people who comment here. You won't know when you'll get it, but one day, you'll open your mailbox and you'll have something fun! Each recipient, in turn, would commit to then sending along handmade gifts to three more people, and lo, the cheer will spread everywhere!

So, I'll be using the random number generator to pick three lucky people -- please, only one comment per person! Anybody want to play?

5 comments:

  1. I'll play! And congrats on tenure! The tablet and its case are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paying it forward sounds amazingly fun! And tenure....yay! Job security!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on tenure!! I'm finishing up grad school and am on the other end of the tenure slope. :)
    In other news, I wanted to let you know that I've given you the Liebster award. :) You can read about it here:
    http://www.play-crafts.com/blog/?p=148

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very shortly this web site will be famous amid all blogging and
    site-building viewers, due to it's nice content

    Look into my web blog :: books of ra kostenlos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potong Pasir MRT at the doorstep, residents can easily access almost to any destination
    through.the interlace condo :: theinterlacecondo.sg ::

    ReplyDelete