Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WIP Wednesday!

Hooray! The best thing about being between semesters is that I can actually SEW, and I have the mental energy for trying stuff out! To wit:

Hexagons...

I finally have something to share for WIP Wednesday: These hexagons are my first crack at English paper piecing, and they are destined for a mug rug for a good friend. I have discovered why hexagons are such a craze! Basting was relatively straightforward, and sewing them together was more fun than it really has a right to be. *g* I'm really happy with how these turned out, and I think the mug rug for me is going to have to be a hexie one, too!

(Note that this isn't my only WIP. In fact, today I got a whole bunch more pinwheels done for my daughter's Tweetygigs quilt. But this is the only WIP with photos...)

6 comments:

  1. Woo! Love, love, love hexagons, and really love how this little piece is coming together! I love that pink with the green you chose, it looks great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colorway you have chosen for the hexi. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hexagons too! I have a long term project that involves hexagons that I have been working on forever. It is slow going, but I do love to work on it! Your mug rug is really going to be beautiful! Happy WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look GREAT! Can't wait to see the finished piece! Hexies are one of the many thousands of things on my to-do list for someday. : )

    Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, I was so happy to see you in there! Have a great week and a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I've been nervous about attempting paper piecing. Your posting is very inspiring! I love the green and purple color combo. I hope that you post a picture of the finished mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexis are great! Love the colors yuou chose.

    Looking forward to seeing it and your other WIP's done up in the new year!

    ReplyDelete