So now that the TweetyGigs is off the guest bed, it's time to catch up on my quilt-alongs! I'm less behind on the Sliced Coins, so this is where I started. I had less sewing time this week, as the first round of portfolios have come in for grading...
But today I put the last sashings on the Sliced Coin quilt!
Once I had it together, I realized that to make it the baby size advertised, I should have made only three stacks--that would make the quilt finish at 37x48. As it is, with four stacks, it's about 48" square, and I decided to run with it, since I hadn't already cut the top and bottom sashings:
I've got two more of these planned (in the baby size), because these are so quick, and so addictive! And reasonably easy to justify the cost, when I can get sweet little fat quarter stacks for less than $12.
I think I'll give this current little square quilt to a friend of mine who's expecting her second. It would also look wonderful as a bed-topper in the guest room, but that bed is so often workspace for quilts-in-progress that I think the quilt would be better served and loved with my friend's family. :)