Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What I did Wednesday

This is what snow days should be! Lounging in the sunshine with the kitties:

Snow day relaxing

And playing with fabric. I was toying with a block design to potentially enter into Quiltstory's Block Party next week, and I made it mug-rug size. It didn't turn out perfect, but I have a better idea of how I'd piece it next time around so it will look cleaner. What do y'all think? Should I enter this one, or make version 2.0 for the party (which is kind of where I'm leaning...)? Should I give this mug rug away, or keep it for myself?

Block party block?

Also, does anybody recognize this block? I was inspired by one of the stained-glass windows in our church, and I suspect it might be a published quilt block somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that block is not in the book I have of 5,500 quilt block designs. Why don't YOU give it a name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. That photo is a work of art, and IMO so is the block. I've never seen one like it and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an adorable picture!

    I love your block. It's the kind where your eye keeps being drawn around it, so you feel like you're always seeing it afresh, if you see what I mean. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome block! I love Julie's idea--you should give it a name. I also like the idea of a 2.0 version for the contest. Keep this one for yourself as your master copy. Besides you deserve a treat!

    ReplyDelete