So, even though I'm a little early for WiP Wednesday, here's an update!
Over the weekend, I got the Sliced Coins baby quilt stacked together (click for bigger):
One thing I decided to do was work on increasing my sewing speed--I usually 'drive' the machine fairly slowly, although I've noticed I've increased my speed some since I started the TweetyGigs quilt last fall. This time I consciously added some gas, and these stacks went together AMAZINGLY FAST! I especially love that wee bird on this print:
And on Sunday, I finished the last seam of the center for Zoe's TweetyGigs:
I don't use all the fold-outs on my cabinet very often, but for this much fabric, they come in handy!
And I apologize if anyone's tired of seeing this, but here it is, all seams together and awaiting borders!
(Would it help if I promised no more pics until it's quilted? I may be able to restrain myself...)
Since that last photo, I've cut borders (so intimidating! but I did it!) and have sewed one on. I should be able to get the rest of the borders on by tomorrow night, and then it's just piecing the back and I'm off to the races! Well, the long-arm quilter's. :)
I forgot to do stats last week, which meant I forgot to count the two mug-rug finishes I had a couple weeks ago and *also* that I forgot to add the Sliced Coins as a new project. And I've started playing with designing a block, so, stats:
This week's stats:
New projects: 1
Completed projects: 0
In progress: 5
Do go check out everyone at WiP Wednesday, and the Sliced Coins Quilt-Along (link in the sidebar), and hopefully next week I'll have that new-block mug rug to share...